Sunday, December 5, 2010

Winter Festival

For once we were busy this weekend doing something other than going to Ikea (ok, so we still went there) or the grocery store. Brycen's school had a Winter Festival and we volunteered to work at one of the craft tables. There were lots of crafts for the children, a bake sale and vendors in case you wanted to do some holiday shopping. Santa was also there but Brycen is still to scared to sit on his lap, so I had to hold him.
After the festival we were invited to a Spiderman birthday party at one of his classmates houses. It was really good to meet some of the other parents and learn where everyone is from (very few are from US). Then it was off to Ikea to get a Christmas tree and some decorations. Apparently this is one of the few places in Shanghai where you can get Christmas stuff so the pickings were VERY slim. Still looking for some lights for the tree! Oh how I wish they had Hobby Lobby or Target...

1 comment:

Ned and Melanie said...

I'm loving the China posts! I would miss Target too!