Monday, April 25, 2011

Heaven in Shanghai???

Shanghai is not without its fair share of American food chains...McDonalds, Pizza Hut, KFC, California Pizza Kitchen and Cold Stone Creamery. Some of them taste pretty authentic, but some are so far from authentic that it is sad. Take doughnuts for example. Although there are plenty of doughnut shops around none of them taste like home. They taste more like unsweetend rings of nothingness. That is until we found....wait for it...Krispy Kreme.

I had heard from a friend that it was here and to be honest my expectations weren't that high. I decided to surprise Les with a trip there and I knew from the moment we walked in and were greeted with a warm, icing dripping, hot off the press doughnut that this experience would be different. This was the best $12 dozen doughnuts I have ever tasted!!




The funky ones with candy and cookies on top were Les's pick...all I wanted was sprinkles

2 comments:

Kristine said...

So glad you found SOMETHING! No jelly beans, though, I suppose!

Ned and Melanie said...

Oh that is HEAVEN!!