Friday, April 1, 2011

Chinese 101



This week Les and I started Chinese lessons. Our first lesson included learning our numbers. It has been awhile since I have taken a foreign language and now I remember why. That afternoon Brycen came home from school singing a new song that he had learned in his Chinese lessons at school. Now it it not uncommon for Brycen to come home from school saying different words in Chinese and I never know what are true words or what are just made up. As I listened closely on this day I recognized that he was singing his numbers. It was quite the catchy little tune as you see in the video and it totally helped me remember numbers 1-5. I never thought I would be "learning" alongside my son, but I love it. He is very reluctant to speak Chinese for the camera, but I will try to record him some more as it is hilarious and darling all at the same time. So here is your chinese lesson for the day:


1...yi


2...er


3...san


4...si


5...wu


mingtian jian...see you tomorrow


wo qu..I want to go to _____.


All of these words have the tone indicators above certain letters, but I am not sure how to add them.

2 comments:

Heather Bird said...

OM - They are so adorable, Katherine! Brycen's little voice is adorable and Saria is beautiful! (Do the have Target there... I noticed the Target diapers :))

Ned and Melanie said...

LOVE IT!!!!