I will try to make this story short...
19 years ago I got involved with the Ulster Project and met a wonderful girl. Her name is Andrea and she is from Northern Ireland. We had a great summer and I felt like I had known her forever. I was so sad to see her go home, but knew that I would be visiting her the following summer in her home town...
And so began the friendship and the bond between two families living in opposite parts of the world.
Fast forward through lots of visits back and forth between the two families, 2 weddings (Andrea's and then mine) to June 1st, 2010.
We were so happy to be able to welcome the Frazer and Webb families into our home in Toledo, OH. It just happened to work out that they were going to be in Michigan for a few days and then driving to Cincinnati, with Toledo smack dap in the middle. Yippee!! It had been almost 4 years since we had all seen each other, but the second they pulled into my driveway I knew nothing had changed. I love friends like that!
We spent a wonderful 2 days together having an all American BBQ, trip to the zoo, awesome tour of our very own Owens Corning, yummy dinner on the water and lots and lots of laughing!! The timing couldn't have been better and I am so happy that they were able to meet Les and Brycen for the first time. Next time, Northern Ireland...
2 comments:
Oh, they are such wonderful people! I remember spending time with them in Sun Valley, oh...about 8 years ago. My favorite memory from the trip is when the couple (I can't remember who) showed up and they had gotten married in Vegas. We decorated their room in the condo. So fun! I am so glad that you were able to spend time with them!
How awesome that you have remained so close. I remember the original year! How cute is the picture of Brycen with his head on her shoulder.
Post a Comment