Beautiful, beautiful Vietnam. This occupied one of the top spots on my list of places to visit. It didn't disappoint.
We started our trip in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). This was just another big city with somewhat of a Vietnamese feel. Being one that has not brushed up on her history in some time it was great to get a refresher on the Vietnam War, as sad of a time in history as it was. We visited the War Remnants Museum (did you know that Vietnamese people refer to the war as the American War?!?!) and Reunification Palace (this is where the President of Vietnam lived when tanks roared through the gate to officially end the war in 1975). I can't say that the above 2 places are exactly kid-friendly, especially the War Museum, but we made the most of it and really learned a lot. We also took a tour of the Mekong Delta. If I have to be completely honest this part of the trip was the most disappointing. I was hoping to see the floating markets that the river is known for. However I did get to see my husband put a python around his neck and that in and of itself was priceless:)
Our next stop in Vietnam was Hoi An. What a truly adorable, charming place. Our resort was beautiful and located right on the South China Sea. We spent one morning on a private bike tour through the country side. Now we were experiencing the Vietnam that I dreamt of! We learned how the locals make boats, grass sleeping mats, and how to fish in a basket (see pics below). After our tour we ate lunch in town and explored. So so cute. The buildings are all very brightly colored and have a sort of European, New Orleansy feel. I can't quite describe it but I did love it.
The people and the country are beautiful. I would go back in a heart beat!
| the mighty python |
| cruising the Mekong Delta |
| my little local |
| we make it look so easy! |
| adorable street of Hoi An |
3 comments:
Great pics
so happy that you had this wonderful experience.loved the picture of les in the tub boat(ha-ha).love brycen'hat .he looks like a natural.love and kissessto all.mom
Love these pictures! Especially Brycen in the hat. So cute.
Post a Comment