Last night the family was getting ready to meet some friends (that live a few floors down) for dinner. We were supposed to meet in the lobby at 5:30. As we were hustling around getting shoes and coats on the following dialogue took place...
Les: "Where is Saria?"
Me: "Look in the kitchen she is probably playing in the cupboards"
Les: "Already looked, not in there"
Me: "The bathroom?"
Les: yelling for Saria "nope not in there"
All this was taking place as Brycen is "helping" Les look for Saria.
Me: "Brycen, did you push the elevator button already?"
Brycen: "Yes"
Me: "Well did it come up yet?"
Brycen: "Yes"
The phone rings...it is our friends downstairs in the lobby asking if we were missing a baby! WHAT!
Apparently Brycen (which he is denying) held the elevator door loong enough for Saria to crawl on. I guess she must have stopped and picked up some other passengers on her long ride down ALONE from the 55th floor because she was carried off by some Chinese woman who didn't know what to do with her and deposited her to the girl in the lobby. Our friends, thankfully, happened to be standing there waiting for us and overheard the girl in the lobby call security to ask them what to do.
Once I knew she was safe in the arms of our friends I started to laugh...Les however was not laughing as he was trying to teach Brycen a valuable lesson of not putting your sister on the elevator ALONE. hee hee
6 comments:
That is a great story! I'm so glad you wrote it all down. I'm glad she was okay, but that is too funny!
Oh my Hell!!! That little brycen... I can just imagine the look on Les's face.
Well that's one way to get a break from your little sister. Brycen,if you ever need a break from Saria she can come to Utah and hang out with her Grammy
Oh, my gosh! That IS scary. (but also pretty funny!) So glad it had a happy ending! :)
Brycen, did you really think you could help your Dad find Saria?
I'l bet you will now be an even better big brother for that beautiful little sister, Saria.
Papa
OMG! I would have freaked! (I did something similiar to my younger brother....I locked him between the screendoor and the front door. The mailman found him some time later...)~Kori
Post a Comment