Two weekends ago we went to Fuxing Park. The parks in Shanghai are great for people watching and also seeing the locals in action. I loved this park. I would say a majority of the people at this park were in their late 50's or older. The great thing is that everywhere you looked people were dancing or singing and having a great time.
Friday, June 3, 2011
Fuxing Park and Photo Walk
Last weekend my friend Lindsay and I went on a photo walk. She has just finished taking a photography course and knew of some cool places to go. She is like me in the fact that she likes to just walk around in old town Shanghai and explore the little alley ways where the locals live. It is so interesting to see how they live. Whenever I am out walking I try to get a glimpse into their houses to try and get somewhat of an understanding to the way they live. I had never been successful in getting a local to let me in their house until now! I was taking a picture of a little boy playing in the doorway of his house, and I suppose the grandparents were so thrilled that I thought their grandson was picture worthy that they invited us right in and encouraged us to continue taking pictures. It was very neat. Anyway below are some of the pictures that I took while on this walk.
These two pictures were taken at a temple. These are prayer cards. People write their prayers or words of hope on these cards and then hang them from the trees and this stand. Although most of them were written in Chinese, there were a few written in English.
Obviously this is a picture of a satellite dish, but what is funny is the plastic bottle that is acting as a component to this high tech system. I guarantee they get better tv than we do:)
Here is the picture of the little boy playing in his doorway. He was so cute, but quickly became shy when I started taking his picture.
Two weekends ago we went to Fuxing Park. The parks in Shanghai are great for people watching and also seeing the locals in action. I loved this park. I would say a majority of the people at this park were in their late 50's or older. The great thing is that everywhere you looked people were dancing or singing and having a great time.
Two weekends ago we went to Fuxing Park. The parks in Shanghai are great for people watching and also seeing the locals in action. I loved this park. I would say a majority of the people at this park were in their late 50's or older. The great thing is that everywhere you looked people were dancing or singing and having a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that you walk around and watch the locals. It is always so interesting to think about what life would be like to live somewhere else ALL the time. The only place that I can imagine that, is Boise.....haha!
Great pix. How fun - I felt like I was on the walk with you.
Post a Comment