Ah, potty training. This is the part of raising a child that I have been dreading since day one. I am not sure where my fear comes from other than the fact that it is not something you can do cold turkey like taking the bottle or binky away. This is something that takes time and patience...am I up for it?
Brycen is 2 1/2 and with a new baby coming in January I figured there was no better time than now to give it the "old college try" (for those of you that went to USU with me know that that is not saying much as to how this will all play out).
Les has been out of town all week and so since Tuesday, Brycen and I have left the house a total of 2 hours...did I mention I have been avoiding this like the plague?
At the end of day 3 I am happy to report that we have had only 4 accidents (2 of those were in those heavily padded underwear) numerous pee-pee's in the potty and one poop. I am happy with the progress we have made and am now stuck as to where we go from here. Staying cooped up in the house for another week is not an option. Any suggestions from my mom friends would be greatly appreciated:)
2 comments:
Kat-Sham wow's! Keep one with you and in your car. Also, keep a large empty waterbottle in your car too, just in case! (this only works for boys and a plastic bag. Also, as naughty as it sounds, let him pee outside. I also made it a huge deal when they did go in the potty. We would clap, dance, and sing "Pee pee in the pottttteeee, Dominic went pee pee in the potttttteee" lots of high fives, etc.... Sounds like you're doing things right. Don't be afraid to go out, my boys LOVE to check out bathrooms in EVERY public place. Good luck!!!! xoxo W
I think we talked a little about this when you were here, so I won't put you through another recap. Good luck though! He'll do it. It sounds like he is doing great and yes, you are up for it! The only thing that totally worked was stupid, little prizes. ugh. I hate to admit that, but it's what we did! Good luck and I can't wait to hear whether this new baby is a boy or a girl! Love you all!
Post a Comment