Monday, March 30, 2009

Tantrums Anyone??

For the past few days we have been dealing with tantrums from Brycen. It usually happens when he is in his highchair. I am trying to decifer what it all means and how to deal with it. I guess I am having such a hard time because he is not one that usually cries or whines. I truly think he is just becoming independent, but can't express himself with words yet. He seems to go through phases with things, so hopefully this also is a "short" phase!

2 comments:

Ned and Melanie said...

I'm sure it will be short, and you are probably right in saying that it has to do with his inability to express himself in words. Abby does that occasionally and I just let her freak out for a minute and walk away. She lays down in the hall(always the hall, I don't know why)face down and cries. Whatever! I don't care who you are, it's not okay to spit cereal on the carpet and you can't put battery operated toys in the tub - jeeze! Vent session over...I promise.

Whitney said...

Have you done any signing with him? Go to your library and check out a couple videos to learn a few IMPORTANT signs like: more, milk, all done, sorry, up, cookie, eat,....you get the point. Both my boys signed and Dominic sometimes still does. Miss You!